Sunday, March 31, 2013

Cherry Limeade-rita

I'm not going to try to hide it. I enjoy tequila, and I especially like the combination of lime juice and tequila, better known as a margarita. I've tried various ready to drink mixes, and order one on occasion when we go out (the most recent experience resulted in a *clear* margarita, and was about 90% tequila...), but I have yet to find one that rivals my own!

I'm always looking for a new twist to something old, and while making tequila lime chicken tacos, I saw a jar of cherries in the fridge. Wheels: start turnin'!

3oz sour mix
1 lime, juiced, save one empty half
1/2oz maraschino cherry juice
1/2oz Cointreau
1-2oz tequila
1Tbsp granulated sugar

Select your glass, and rub the empty rind around the edge of the glass. Pour the sugar in a ring in a flat plate, then dip the wet edge of the glass into the sugar until well coated. If you wish, zest the lime into the sugar prior to coating the glass. In a bar shaker, combine ice, sour mix, Cointreau, and tequila, and shake to combine well. Add ice to your glass, then nearly fill it with the margarita. Pour in the cherry juice, which will mostly settle to the bottom, and serve! Stir before drinking of course. Hope you enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Get Shipt!