Sunday, May 20, 2012

Multigrain Pizza

Publix sells various types of pre-made pizza dough's. On one of those "I only came in to buy 3 things, but now my cart is full!" trips, I discovered a multigrain dough. Pizza didn't sound like an awful idea at the time, so I picked up:

Pizza Dough
Roma Tomatoes
Green Bell Pepper
Baby Bella Mushrooms
White Onion
Turkey Italian Sausage
Boneless/Skinless Chicken Breast
Pizza Sauce (Jarred. I cheated.)
Ball of fresh Mozzarella Cheese

I grilled the chicken breast, then chopped it. The sausage was cooked in a pan and sliced thin. I sliced the tomatoes thin and layered them between paper towels to dry out some, and sliced the pepper, onion, and mushrooms. I tossed and stretched the dough, then spread on some sauce, added the tomatoes, mushrooms, onion, pepper, sausage, chicken, and mozzarella cheese. Bake until the crust is golden. I heated some olive oil and minced garlic on the stove to make garlic oil, which I brushed onto the crust right after I took it out of the oven.

The crust was crunchy and chewy, the toppings were plentiful, and the garlic oil? oh my goodness!! Like the moon in the sky....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Get Shipt!