Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Turkey Braciole

So as per my usual, I was browsing the grocery store the other day and found thin turkey breast cutlets. In my opinion, when one sees thinly sliced meats, one should think of wrapping said meat around cheese. Anything else is just foolishness. So I'm thinking cheese and spinach. (I try to watch what I eat, so the spinach and the turkey, in my book, out-weigh any amount of cheese calories!)

Cut to a few days and a few melted ice crystal later, and my mind begins to form dinner: cheese.... Spinach.... Ok.... Sauce.... Tomato? Yes..... Hmmm... Almost like a braciole! Google.

I found a few recipes and pooled together the best ingredient ideas. Foundation: Check.

Here's what I came up with:
1 Jar of  marinara (yes, I cheated.)
1 Small Package Of dried porcini mushrooms
1 Romano wedge
1 Provolone wedge
1 Frozen spinach
8 Turkey breast cutlets
3 Cups of chicken stock (because I couldn't find turkey, and well close enough!)
1 Cup of red wine

I poured the sauce in my big heavy pan, added the mushrooms, stock and wine and let it simmer for, meh, about 30 minutes. (Most of my measurements and times are good guesstimates. Unless I'm baking. There you MUST be exact, or you get some mess that should have been cinnamon rolls.) I shredded the cheeses, about a cup worth of each, and combined with the spinach which had been strained dry. The turkey cutlets were pounded thin and stuffed with about 2Tbs of the cheese and spinach, rolled and seared in a hot pan with olive oil. They were then added to the pan of sauce to finish cooking for a few more minutes. Plating was, well, rushed. Two hungry kids, and hungry husband, and a hungry me! Get it on the plate!!! The man thought the spinach was a little over powering, but other than that, pretty darn yummy!! Will definitely being adding this to the repertoire!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Get Shipt!