Friday, June 1, 2012

Chocolate Attack!

Who doesn't need a chocolate fix every now and then? I browsed a recipe ap on my phone... Browsed search engine photos... Finally I settled on chocolate truffles! A quick web search for a recipe came up with this:

1/3 cup heavy cream
6 Tbsp unsalted butter
1 3/4 Bittersweet chocolate (I didn't have any so I used semi-sweet)
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder

I melted the butter, chips and cream in my makeshift double boiler, then poured that into a 9x9 dish to cool in the fridge. Two AGONIZING hours later, I used a spoon to scoop out about 2 teaspoons worth. This is where it got messy: roll the chocolate into a ball in you palms, then roll in the cocoa powder. Put the truffles back in the fridge to chill again, and enjoy!!

Side note: These came out tasting like eating a hand full of chocolate chips... I recommend using the bittersweet chocolate and sweetened cocoa powder. I also thought I'd try putting raspberry gnash inside them using my meat needle, but that didn't exactly work... Next time I'll try more cream and mixing the raspberry into the melted chocolate. They still looked yummy though!


1 comment:

  1. Jess, I am so impressed with this blog - all the stuff sounds great and you really make me think I could try it.

    ReplyDelete

Get Shipt!