Friday, June 8, 2012

Rice Puddin'

Well, after a disappointing dinner of leftovers, a proper dessert was in order. However, I was not about to head to the store to pick something up, or supplies to make it, so my options were slightly limited. To Google I went to search through some dessert photos until something looked yummy! I came across rice pudding. I do occasionally enjoy myself some rice pudding, and it sounded good enough, so time to check the ingredients.

2 1/2 cups whole milk
1/3 cup rice (I used brown)
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 cup white sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract (I used 1 vanilla bean)
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup raisins

Turns out I had them all! Perfect. "What's for dessert?" Rice puddin', puddin'!

Put the milk, rice and salt into a medium sauce pan, cover, and simmer until the rice is tender. Stir often so the rice doesn't stick to the bottom. Once the rice is done, remove from the heat, and add the sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon. Return to the heat stirring continuously for another 5 more minutes or until the pudding thickens some. Remove from the heat and add in the raisins. This makes about 5-6 half cup servings. Cover each with plastic wrap so you don't get pudding skin, and cool in the refrigerator for a couple of hours. Top with whipped cream if you'd like, or if you're a purist, eat it as is! Hope you enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Get Shipt!